Consulting

Thread: "No Current Record" - Creating Report

"No Current Record" - Creating Report

Hi There,

I'm trying to create a report in Access based on a Table (using one of the wizards) , however, when i get to the end and click finish i get a message box thats says "No Current Record" when i then click OK i get a blank message box and then after clicking i get nothing.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions where nobody goes, stands an ancient castle.
    Deep within this dank and uninviting place lives Berk, overworked servant of The Thing Upstairs.
    But thats nothing compared to the horrors that lurk beneath The Trap Door.

VBAX Guru
    I never base Reports on the Table directly. I always create one or more Queries to base them on. In that way you can check what data you are going to get before trying to create the Report.
    What Table/Report are we talking about?

I'm exceedingly new to access so bear with me....
    I'm adding the report based on the table InboundData.
    I do have some queries setup and i can create charts but not reports.

I have tried to add a report based on a query but alas i have the same problem.
    Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions where nobody goes, stands an ancient castle.
    Deep within this dank and uninviting place lives Berk, overworked servant of The Thing Upstairs.

VBAX Guru
    Do the Queries return Values and records?

VBAX Guru
    What data do you want to make the report on, the 2 queries or something in the Table?
    I notice that you are using Access 97, I think to create a Report on a Crosstab Query in 97 you have to use a Crosstab Report.

VBAX Guru
    I have created 2 reports based on your 2 Queries.

VBAX Mentor
    Well as said it is always a better idead to have queries as a record source for the report.. and the two queries that you have created do return values.... so it yuo sholdnt be having any problem..

are you bounding the textboxes to fileds in query.. if you dont you will get a blank page.. try to upload a report that you have tried to create and that is causing problem.. we might be able to help you with that
    I am a Newbie, soon to be a Guru

I have created 2 reports based on your 2 Queries.
    Intersting, did you create those reports using the wizards or directly through the design view? I appear to be able to create some reports uisng design view, but using the wizards i have no success.

Thanks,

What data do you want to make the report on, the 2 queries or something in the Table?
    I notice that you are using Access 97, I think to create a Report on a Crosstab Query in 97 you have to use a Crosstab Report.
    A report that i would specifically need is one that shows the total amount of calls per reason and also one per scheme based on the current week and then the same again as a total for the month. I've been fiddling with designing reports but unsure how i would do this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

VBAX Guru
    I created the Reports using the Report Wizard, I would suggest that you try "Reparing" MS Office or Access to see if that fixes the wizard.

The queries can easily handle Calls per Reason or per scheme.
    If you want me to create them for you I am quite happy to.

I created the Reports using the Report Wizard, I would suggest that you try "Reparing" MS Office or Access to see if that fixes the wizard.

The queries can easily handle Calls per Reason or per scheme.
    If you want me to create them for you I am quite happy to.
    Unfortunetly I don't have the option of repairing the install as i'm on a rather restrictive company setup. If you could create the reports that would be great. Would you also be able to provide pointers on how you set these reports up please, as i wouldn't know where to start producing a reports that breaks data down between specific dates and months.

Thanks,

VBAX Guru
    That is what you use in combination with the Windows Control Panel "Programs".
    I will create you a coupe of queries when I have a little time.