Consulting

Thread: Exporting to Excel

Exporting to Excel

I am very new to VBA and I need help with exporting a project out MS project and importing it into excel.
    I have created a cutom report in project that tells me all the tasks that I am working on each month.
    (Ex. If I am scheduled to start a task in Oct. and end it in Jan. the report will show that task, and all information associated with it, in Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan. Then the task will drop off in Feb.)

October
    JobCompleteDate | TaskName | Job# | TaskStartDate | Task Finish Date
    2/31/09 | Fabricate | 1234 | 11/20/08 | 1/21/08
    November
    JobCompleteDate | TaskName | Job# | TaskStartDate | TaskFinishDate
    December
    JobCompleteDate | TaskName | Job# | Task Start Date | Task Finish Date
    January
    February

I can save the Project to excel but that doesn't give me the information the the format that I want. MS Project will create the report I want but MS Project is limited in it's ability to customize the report.
    I assume that VBA is the best way to do this but I am open to any alternative solutions. Thanks in advance.

What are the criteria which identify a task which needs to be included in the report, and what Project fields do you want to display? Are you just looking at the task level, or do you need to pull the resource assugnments?

I will put something together for you to polish . . . my hours have just been cut :-)

Mal