Consulting

Thread: Move row to different sheet on excel workbook based on a cell entry

Question Move row to different sheet on excel workbook based on a cell entry

Using Excel 2003, I need to do the following:

So essentially I have the status column with a drop down that contains, Construction Complete, Ready For Install, and Complete. What I want to happen is when the status is changed to:

Complete: The whole row will transfer/copy to the corresponding tabbed sheet based on Division which is a cell within the column.
    Construction Complete: The whole row will transfer/copy to the Construction Complete tab.
    Ready for Install: The whole row will transfer/copy to the Ready For Install tab.

As a further note, I need this functionality on all tabs for the status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru GTO's Avatar

I see this is your first post, so let me say Welcome(!) and let you know that you will 'meet' some great folks here, that often go "above and beyond" in assisting.

Now as to your question... I get that you have a drop-down with a list, and that when the user picks a value, we're doing something. The what is not quite clear though. In short - which "whole row" is getting transferred/copied, and to where on the appropriate sheet?

Hope to help,

Mark

Thanks Mark!!! :-) Ok so i have a spread sheet listing accounts along with different criteria of the account such as name account type etc. In the drop down under the status column, i have Complete, Construction Complete, Ready For Install. Based on what is selected, i want the row to move to the corresponding tab within the worksheet. If it helps, i can email you the sheet so you can see what i'm talking about. Thanks for your help.

May be this script can answer your question.

[VBA]

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    Range("C6").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Sheets("Header").Select
    End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
    Select Case Range("C6").Value
    Case Is <> ""
    On Error Resume Next
    Sheets(Range("C6").Value + 1).Select
    On Error GoTo 0
    End Select
    End Sub

[/VBA]

or you can try the attachment enclosed.

Thanks
    Naris