Consulting

Thread: Solved: named ranges

VBAX Tutor
    Solved: named ranges

Hello,

If I have a named range say of cells A1 to AD1 which can grow and shrink i.e. users can add columns anywhere in the middle, is there a way of finding the last column in the current range (i.e. given its current size).

I'd like to be able to find the column index i.e that it is column 28 for example

Cheers
    Phil

Take a look at this www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156718 from MD, which shows how to create a dynamic named range. Now, his example will find the last used Row, not column, but you will be able to adjust it for Columns.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

VBAX Tutor
    Thanks for that but I need to do it programmatically i.e. each time I run some code in the workbook I need to get the last column of a neamed range within VBA and assign it to a variable where I will use it elsewhere in the same Sub

Thanks
    Phil

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Range("myRange")(Range("myRange").Count).column
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber