Consulting

Thread: Solved: OCR Suggestions

Question Solved: OCR Suggestions

I'm looking into automating a task for my employeer that would involve scanning documents and using an OCR program to pull demographics information off of the documents. I was wonderign if anyone had any suggestions of good OCR programs to look into. I've found a wealth of offerings via Google, but a word of mouth reccomendation could help me zero-in on a goo software candidate.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

I've used Microsoft Office Document Imaging before to good effect, and the great part is that it's included with Office...

MODI was an excellent suggestion, especially since it can be controlled via VBA!

So far I've created code that will perform an OCR operation on a scanned document, and return the results. Now I'm trying to develop the code to pull just the demographic information that I want.

Thanks
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

I just finished a short app that takes a scanned pdf document, converts to multi-page .tif and uses MODI to process the pages - not bad except for when it comes to reading barcodes, but then I found an exe you can use for free - eymbcrdcmd.exe - and a simple shell to it solved the problem.

If you get into a situation like that, give me a holler... Stan