Consulting

Thread: Solved: Need some help with coding

Solved: Need some help with coding

Hi I'm creating some code and I'm not really sure on how to procede.

I have two sheets. Sheet 1 has the data in a different format. I have created some code so that it is in the same format.

[VBA]Sub concentate()
    Set s = Sheets("Sheet1")
    Dim i
    Dim val As String
    i = 2
    Do Until (s.Range("G" & i) = "") Or (s.Range("H" & i) = "")
    s.Range("p" & i) = (s.Range("G" & i) & "-" & s.Range("H" & i))
    i = i + 1
    Loop
    End Sub
    [/VBA]

Now here comes the tricky part. I want to create some code that:

1. highlights the entire cell column green if the partial match of the .rpm package is obtained AND the cell in sheet 4 contains the value installed ok.

2. If the .rpm package is not found anywhere or the value "install failed" highlights the cell red.

3. I have another set of data and if it find install failed or is not installed on the second machine. highlight the cells yellow.

Here's my thought process:

1. Use to find try and find a partial match on the .rpm and installed ok.
    (cannot get it to work in either excel or VBA)

2. do a partial find and if no match is found highlight red. if a partial match of install fails is found also highlight red.

3. Create 2 more columns named Machine 1 and Machine 2. Place install ok, not installed, install failed depending on the outcome of 1 & 2. Run a compare of cells calus and if they are not equal to each other. Highlight the entire column yellow.
    (can code myself)

some additional info

I want to create some code that:

1. highlights the entire cell column green if the partial match of the .rpm package is obtained AND the cell in sheet 4 contains the value installed ok.

2. If the .rpm package is not found anywhere or the value "install failed" highlights the columns red.

3. I have another set of data and if it find install failed or is not installed on the second machine. highlight the cells yellow.

Here's my thought process:

-Do a partial find on the .rpm package. If a match is found PLUS the text "installed ok". Highlight the cells green. Record installed in the app column under machine 1 or 2. (Data for machines are on seperate sheets)

-do a partial find on the .rpm package and if no match is found highlight the columns red.
    -do partial find on "install failed". If found highlight the columns red.
    Record "not installed" or "install failed" in the app column under machine 1 or
    (Data for machines are on seperate sheets)

3. Create 2 more columns named Machine 1 and Machine 2. Place install ok, not installed, install failed depending on the outcome of 1 & 2. Run a compare of cells and if they are not equal to each other. Highlight the entire column yellow.
    (can code myself)

I have solved this portion of this thread.