Consulting

Thread: Solved: uCase, cut and paste

Solved: uCase, cut and paste

I have taken over a piece of work from a collegue who has left the business, in his script he has this bit of code

[vba] Dim rCell As Range

For Each rCell In Sheets("CallData").Range("Final_Check").Cells

If UCase(rCell.Value) = "Complete" Then
    rCell.EntireRow.Cut Sheets("SubmittedData").Range("A" & Sheets("SubmittedData"). _
    Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1)
    End If

Next[/vba]

This code is designed to look at all cells in the range "Final_Check" and if any cells contain the words "Complete" , then to copy that entire row and paste it into submitteddata in the next avaliable row using column a to identify the next available row. I tweaked the code as it required a change and caput in no longer works what have i DONE?

VBAX Sage
    My guess is that this would never be true, since what ever is in rCell would always be UC, and "Complete" would never be UC

Try
    [vba]
    UCase(rCell.Value) = "COMPLETE"
    [/vba]

There is an Option Compare Text setting on a module. I've never used it, but I have read here abouti it. Was it used?

Option Compare Text results in string comparisons based on a case-insensitive text sort order determined by your system's locale. When the same characters are sorted using Option Compare Text, the following text sort order is produced:
    (A=a) < ( À=à) < (B=b) < (E=e) < (Ê=ê) < (Z=z) < (Ø=ø)
    Paul

THANKS you right eventhough the range has it displayed in lowercase, in the code if i put it in upper case it worked, genuis