Consulting

Thread: Solved: Send keys to print screen

Solved: Send keys to print screen

I'm trying to copy the active form window to the cliboard so that I can paste it into another application. Doing it manually works just fine (ctrl + alt+ print screen). How do I use the "send keys method" to send to those keys? I've tried everything and I know its probably simple but I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I have:

SendKeys "{^}{%}{PrtSc}"

Honestly, I would caution you from using SendKeys for a number of different reasons. Mainly because they can be intercepted- the SendKeys will go to whatever window has focus, which could be a security risk, depending on what you're working on.

I suggest looking at this article that shows how to use API calls to capture a screen at the end of the article.

If you have to use SendKeys, then use:

[VBA]Sub PrintTheScreen()
    Application.SendKeys "(%{1068})"
    End Sub[/VBA]
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

I tired your code and it returned the following error. "Compile ERror: Method or Data member not found"

I don't know if I told you that I'm trying to copy an active form in MS Access. Is that the problem?

Thanx alot for that information. I used the API code and it worked like a charm. thanks again.