As many of you know I am a Win2k user during the day and a Mac user at home. I just received Office 2004 last Thursday and have been looking at some of the improvements (I didn't have Office X, rather Office 2001).

Good news on the Excel VBA side. Tonight on Excel 2004 I tried about 10 of my macros that I use daily at work. All of them worked exactly the same, except one which copies an Excel chart/range from Excel to PowerPoint (I picked up the code on one of the Excel sites). But the only change I had to make was in the reference to calling PowerPoint. So the line changed from:

Set PPApp = GetObject(, "Powerpoint.Application.10") 'Excel 2002 format

to:

Set PPApp = GetObject(, "Powerpoint.Application") 'Excel 2004 format

I thought it would be with the number changed, but it actually is the dropping of the number totally. A very minor alteration, so I am happy.

----------------

Needless to say, I think this is encouraging for cross-platform development. If anyone is interested in those VBA codes that required no change, I can post the code as I discover more.

Or

if someone is interested in testing code on Excel 2004 I would be interested if it isn't too tough for me.