Consulting

Thread: 'Update Values: datasheet.xls' problem

'Update Values: datasheet.xls' problem

I am right in the middle of polishing off a rather complex macro.

Just im having a little trouble with something I dont really understand, when I try and run it, due to allot of the data being kept on another sheet 'datasheet.xls' and every time it goes to do the vlookup part I put into the macro, it appears to be asking for where the file datasheet.xls file is, I havent put datasheet.xls in any sub directory of where the macro his placed and have used relative referencing for all data.

Is there anyway of making this moore foolproof, just obviously dont want it asking each time as to where datasheet.xls file is, this would be for about 5 columns and about 702 rows so you can imagine how long that would take of doing that procedure.

Has anyone got a solution? I'm out of ideas.

Regards,
    Jeremy.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

In what way does it 'ask'? Datasheet.xls is another file not another sheet, so your description is confusing. Are you opening the workbook?

and so on ...

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

stab in the dark, I've seen that error appear when a worksheet name has unacceptable characters in it, a space in my case.