Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouble with Access Query and Form

VBAX Mentor
    Here you guys go - Have fun. There is two sections. A front end and a back end. I imported the Oracle tables into the front end.
    Sorry, Daniel, I didn't even think about database format. But I only have Access 2003, so I can't open your database. Assuming Access 2007 allows you to convert the database to an earlier format, you might try 2002-2003 or 2000 formats. I just don't know about 2007 features.

Once more, I'm sorry I didn't anticipate this stumbling block.

Hans

VBAX Mentor
    I would need to email the front end - even after zipping it, it is still over 1 mb. Can one of you PM me your email.
    I think you can click on members' names to send them email. I'll give you my address anyway:
    hans.updyke@gmail.com

Please see my previous message about the database format. I can't do anything with Access 2007.

Hans

VBAX Master
    I am converting it to 2003 now. I would still need your email to send you the front end as it is larger than 1 mb
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois
    http://studenthacker.blogspot.com/

VBAX Mentor
    I am converting it to 2003 now. I would still need your email to send you the front end as it is larger than 1 mb
    No worries. Click on hansup to the left of this reply. Among the available choices in an option to send me an email.

Actually, I'll do that now for Djblois to send you an email. You will have my address then.

Hans

VBAX Master
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois

VBAX Mentor
    I have an update for anyone following this thread. When working with the forms in the Access 2003 version of Daniel's front-end database, Access 2003 repeatedly crashes on me. Rebooting Windows did not fix the problem.

I created a new blank database and successfully imported the tables, queries, and standard modules. However, when I tried to import the forms, Access repeatedly crashed again. I also tried go the other way --- opening Daniel's database and exporting the forms to my new database. But the crashing continued.

So for now I am stuck. If anyone can suggest a method to avoid the crashing, please let me know. Maybe someone with Access 2007 would have better luck with the 2007 version of his front-end.

But that's all I got for now.

Hans

VBAX Master
    I did not know the forms are so different. I thank you for all your help hansup.
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois

VBAX Guru
    Dan, do you still need help or did Hans fix it?
    If so can you send me your Front End, I have pm'd you my email address.

VBAX Mentor
    Dan, do you still need help or did Hans fix it?
    Hello OBP,

I tried, but couldn't accomplish anything.

Good luck,
    Hans

VBAX Master

do you have access 2007? because if you dont it will probably crash on your system as well.
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois

VBAX Guru
    No, I would like to try the 2003 version for myself.

VBAX Mentor
    do you have access 2007? because if you dont it will probably crash on your system as well.
    Good morning, Daniel.

I should clarify that issue. I could open forms in design view and I could view code in the form modules. But I'm not proficient enough to understand how all the pieces fit together without actually running the form. Access crashed when I switched from design view to form view, either immediately or in very short order. My best guess at the cause is that your forms incorporate 2007 features unavailable in Access 2003. But that's only a guess.

Hans

VBAX Master
    I think you are right Hansup but I do not know what the differences are to try to remove them for you.
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois

VBAX Guru

VBAX Master
    frmOrders and subfrmOrders. They both should work pretty much the same. The only difference is subfrmOrders opens within the frmOpenDetails and the frmOrders opens as a popup to the right of the frmScheduled_Appts. They are both set up for users to enter orders attached to an appointment and to view them.
    Thank You,
    Daniel Blois

VBAX Guru
    I have emailed you a new version of the database it has a working form called qryOrders.
    You do not need the "Storer" field in the Orders table as it is in the "WMS_PKO_HD" table, unless they are different.
    I don't know if you want the "Status" showing on the form, it can be shown in the Combo.
    I have included the Data database in the zip as well as you will need to re-establish the Links.

VBAX Guru
    Dan, how is that form supposed to connected to the "Appointment"?