Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Show Code Pane in Main Window

Administrator
    Chat VP
    Sleeper: Show Code Pane in Main Window

OK, OK, this may seem weird (that's ME), but I want to show a code pane withOUT opening the VBE window. i.e. I want the code pane displayed in front of the worksheet. This'll show the code pane, but the VBE window's also visible: Any Ideas?

ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Module1").CodeModule.CodePane.Show

TIA,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

VBAX Tutor
    I'm just curiuos: why do you want to do this?
    If it's just for displaying the code you might as well try to copy the code from the real code pane anywhere you like (and maybe even copy it back), but I don't know a way to show just that part of the IDE.

Administrator
    I'm just curiuos: why do you want to do this?
    If it's just for displaying the code you might as well try to copy the code from the real code pane anywhere you like (and maybe even copy it back), but I don't know a way to show just that part of the IDE.
    Hi Steiner,

Well I've got this 'code library' in a workbook and I'm just trying to "polish it up". At the moment, if you select a code module from a list to look at, this takes you into the VBE window & you then have to exit. It'd be nice if the code module you wanted to look at was just brought out of the VBE window (so you can use its' own scroll bars to scroll thru it ... or enlarge the code-pane etc.)

Regards,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.