Consulting

Thread: Multiple-Record Word Mail Merge

Hi! friend,

I was going through web and I found one example which they claim works well without Macro. But when I tried it, same was giving some error. I have put a query on the site and I did not get any reply. Please go through and enlighten me bit more if you can.

Regards,

Site Admin
    The Princess

I moved your question out of that very old one and into a new one. I'll put a redirect in the old question because some of those guys are the ones who can probably help you most.

Welcome!
    ~Anne Troy

Thank you

i'd like to use this with a e-mail mail merge too.
    can anyonen verify that this works?
    also, i don't seem to be able to find that create catalogue from mail merge helper.

anyone help herE?

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Guru MOS MASTER's Avatar
    Hi! friend,

I was going through web and I found one example which they claim works well without Macro. But when I tried it, same was giving some error. I have put a query on the site and I did not get any reply. Please go through and enlighten me bit more if you can.

Regards,
    Hi,

This question is from before I was a member here... (Could you please tell me if this is still an issue)

If so provide more information to what you want to accomplish? (The more detail the better)

The MS artical might well not be what you want and there are so much differences in Mailmerge features..

Oh..and don't forget to mention your Word version?
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    i'd like to use this with a e-mail mail merge too.
    can anyonen verify that this works?
    also, i don't seem to be able to find that create catalogue from mail merge helper.

anyone help herE?
    Hi and Welcome to VBAX!

What version of Word do you have?

What do you wish to accomplish with the email feature? For the other question I need the version you're running.

Enjoy!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.

Hi!

I am using Office 2000.

Prakash

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Hi!

I am using Office 2000.

Prakash
    Hi Prakash,

Thank you that was one part of my question.

Could you please read the other part and tell me what you want to accomplish? (As detailed as possible)

The example given uses mailmerge in a more advanced way and if this is not exactly what you want then we could lose a lot of time explaining something that you perhaps really don't want.

_________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

i would like an answer to the above too, my example for this is kinda like the one posted here

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...ght=mail+merge

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

Am I reading you correct that you want a sort off subtotal list. Or lets say a summary of the products a customer has bought?

If so then Access can do this easily. In Word I do believe this is also possible the easy way would be to use a Database field in you're mailmerge. (With a very intelligent query if I may add)

But if this is what you want can you please provide us with an example sheet with data and an Example Word document displaying one compleet merge as you would like to see it..Whit perhaps some more explanation.

If I have that I'll do some experiments to see if this can be done easily.

Enjoy!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

here are the uploaded files
    the title of the files should explain which is which

i basically wanna merge a whole bunch of similiar rows together into 1 cell
    how you will identify similiar rows would be "VendorID" and the only cells that need to be merged or wrapped into one cell would be "Amount" and "DocNum"

thanks

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

This is not what I had in mind....

The fact that you want the data of one customer collected into one mailmerge document is hard enough to accomplish as is. But you don't want to exclude some repetive values and others to concenate under each other.

Don't know the answer right now but wil think it over for you.
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

thanks man

Hi!

Pardon for my half reply. I am using Office 2000. Shortly I may upgrade to Office XP.

My requirement is, I am downloading some data to excel from my Oracle data base. It gives emplyee wise details of accounts with amount, address etc. The employee no / File no identifies the employees. The employee nos my repeat if employees are having more than one account. I want to generate a letter addressed to each employee giving the details of all their accounts. Once the employee no. changes, mail merge should generate a fresh letter with page break. I have attached a sample data and rough format of the letter. Please enlighten me.

Regards
    Prakash

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

It's been kind of a hectic week and I'm having problems with my 2000 pc.

So I'll try this thing tommorow or Sunday.

Monkey could you please provide me with your Word version? (The one you're using)

Later..
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

i'm using word 2003

thanks