Consulting

Thread: How to retreive the selected appointment.

How to retreive the selected appointment.

Hi all,
    My requirement is...user creates one or more appointments in his outlook calendar...but he selects only required appointments and clicks on button (which runs the macro) ...i need to retrieve the selected appointment (s) info..how to achieve this..if the above scenario is not possible...at least i need to retrieve the info of latest created appointment by the user in Outolok calendar....

Please help me out....I am struggling to achieve this task from past 10 days..
    Please somebody help me...let me know is the above scenario is possible or not...!!!

Thanks,
    Praveen

Good Morning.

To answer your question, search the Outlook Help File for the Selection Property. The example there will provide the information to identify the active appointment items. Note that the Calendar must be the active window. You also must change the myOlSel.Item(x).SenderName line to reference the Subject Property instead of the SenderName.

Next, to access the particular properties of the appointment, search for the AppointmentItem Object.

That should provide the information you need.

Take care.
    Scott
    You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way. ~Marvin Minsky

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. - Albert Einstein