Consulting

Thread: Outlook Contact (view) Form Question

VBAX Expert
    Outlook Contact (view) Form Question

this is not really a VBA question, but it may lead to a VBA solution.

I am running ol2003 and WinXP.

I wish to modify the standard form used to display individual contact information. I thought this would be easy:
    I displayed the form for a particular contact -- "A", modified and saved the form, exited contacts, reentered contacts, called up contact A and the form was what I wanted. Seems OK. Then I called up contact "B" and the original, unmodified form was used. Appears that I have modified the form and saved it only for "A". So how do I either tell ol to use the modified form for all contacts or (starting again) how do I modify the form that will be used for all contact?

Thanks
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

VBAX Master
    You can alter the default form that needs to be used when you create new items. I know there are some problems, inconvenients with items that used another form when they were posted. Have to look it up to give a more detailed explanation.

Charlize

VBAX Expert
    Thanks for the reply. I have sorted most of it out:

1) I created a new form (named ABC) based on the default Contacts form (Tools | Forms | Design A Form | ...)
    2) I told Outlook to use ABC for all new entries (Properties window)
    3) I wrote a macro to change the MessageClass for each item in the current folder from IPM.Contact to IPM.Contact.ABC

Works quite well

Thanks again.
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.