Hello all, new here, but this site looks like a great resource for what I do.

I'm trying to assign the results of a conditional sum with two conditions to a variable of type double. MS documentation on sumifs in VBA is vague, and I haven't been able to find anything useful here or on google. Seems no matter what I do, the function returns nothing.

Dim maj_group, bill_summary, mtd_ttl_hours As Range
    maj_group = "C:C"
    bill_summary = "D:D"
    mtd_ttl_hours = "E:E"

MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(mtd_ttl_hours, maj_group, bill_summary, "ENG", "LABOR")
The code above will not even generate a msgbox, and assigning the function result to a double variable always gives 0. The worksheet this procedure runs against has a variable number of rows, but I have already tried to define all the ranges using fixed rows (ie - C1:C100) but to no avail.

Is the syntax for sumifs in VBA

Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria_range2, criteria1, criteria2)

-or-

Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2)

(and so on and so forth for more criteria)

Neither seem to have an effect on the result. I've been picking at this for days, and it's really holding me up. It works fine if I write a sumifs formula in a cell in the sheet, but I get nothing when running it in a macro. Anyone have any experience with this? I can provide the entire xlsm file if anyone thinks it will be of help.