Consulting

Thread: "Not enough space on temporary disk" error

"Not enough space on temporary disk" error

Hi,

I am running a make table query. my access dB size is around 450 Mb. I am always getting the following error:"Not enough space on temporary disk"

My C drive and has like 30GB free. My temp folder reaches 1.95GB when I run this query (before that it is like 50mb). So I am thinking is it because of the Access 2GB limit (Access 2000) or is it because of some size restriction on the temp folder ?

Someone please help.
    thanks in advance.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Are you doing this via the Access interface or via ADO code? What is the source of the make table query?
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

VBAX Guru

Welcome to the forum- it's always good to see new members.

Perhaps you should break this process into two steps- create a table that contains just the fields and indexes you require, and then run an append query into this new table. That might reduce enough overhead to allow your query to work.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

VBAX Newbie
    Try to open the database "Open Exclusively" Then close it again and repopen it to see if you get the same error.