Consulting

Thread: Click on a "tab"

VBAX Tutor
    Click on a "tab"

I have a form with tabbed pages on (in?) it. Controls in these pages respond to clicks, but a click on a tabbed page itself gets no response! In the VBA view, a "click" action is offered, but no response! (to a simple msgbox("Tab xyz just got clicked!")

VBAX Guru
    Classic MS C***k Up, as far as I know they never work.
    I use a workaround using the "Got Focus" of the Tab's first data field.

Strange... It works for me.
    Maybe this is it. If, in design mode, you click on the tabbed page, you actually access the form's properties in the Properties window. You need to click on the tab itself, to access the tabbed page's properties.

EDIT:
    Or maybe I don't know what a tabbed page is, or how it was translated into my language.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The more details you give, the easier it is to understand your question. Don't save the effort, tell us twice rather than not at all. The amount of info you give strongly influences the quality of answer, and also how fast you get it.

VBAX Guru
    I have just tested it again and Clicking on the Tab (no form involved) does nothing at all.

Check this file. It's Access 2003.
    The more details you give, the easier it is to understand your question. Don't save the effort, tell us twice rather than not at all. The amount of info you give strongly influences the quality of answer, and also how fast you get it.

VBAX Guru
    Jimmy, nothing happens when I click either Tab.

I don't know what to say. It still works for me. Made a screen recording to show.

VBAX Guru
    Perhaps there is some setting we are missing?
    Although my version is Access 2002, maybe they fixed it for 2003?