Consulting

Thread: VBE on a mac

VBE on a mac

Is there a way to get the mac VBE to work the same as it does on a PC where if I type "ActiveCell." I get a drop down of all the possible objects/properties that I can use. I have not been able to find anything on this.

Help.

I just got office 2004 for the mac.

Having never used the Mac version, I'm going to throw out a wild guess, hoping it's similar...

In the Windwoes version, the setting to do this is in the VBE under Tools|Options. I believe that it's the Auto List Members box. I've attched a pic, as I pretty much check everything on this page. (Dont' know how it will compare to Mac though.)
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

I cannot find this on the mac version. I would think by now they would have included it. I did find this interesting article: http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=04822

VBAX Tutor
    I don't believe that Mac VBE has that option unless I've been blind for the last few months (which is entirely possible).

Mac Moderator VBAX Expert shades's Avatar
    No, it does not. Just like some many areas, MS really crippled the VBA for the Macs.

Software: LibreOffice 3.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.5
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3.28.2008 )
    Humanware: Older than dirt
    --------------------
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    No intellisense on a Mac?? That's amazing. Only MS would try and get away with that (for lack of a better word) crap.

Wow. I can't imagine not having that feature... I (and I'm sure every Windwoes user) uses that feature extensively! Did they at least give you the object browser?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Mac Moderator VBAX Expert shades's Avatar
    Yes, there is an object browser, which is helpful. But the other feature I use all the time on the Windows side - and on the Mac I feel like a right-handed man using only my left-hand - with half the keyboard gone.

Software: LibreOffice 3.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.5
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3.28.2008 )
    Humanware: Older than dirt
    --------------------
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich