Consulting

Thread: Collections Overflow

VBAX Regular
    Collections Overflow

All problems fixed.
    Administrator, please delete.
    Last edited by jms08h; 07-16-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    jms08h, in the future please refrain from editing your post on your own. Repeated attempts of doing this will surely have the proverbial forum reprocussions come down up on you from internet heaven. In other words, now your post makes zero sense. We archive our threads. Please just pm a moderator if you want the post deleted (we'll just accordingly, just talk to us first).

VBAX Sage
    Actually, if it were just marked 'Solved' instead of deleting it, the rest of us could learn something also.

My 2 cents,

Paul

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    That's absolutely the idea, Paul. It's mostly the reason why we originally instituted the 'Mark Solved' on this board, somebody can search for their current problem and know somebody has solved it in some fashion.

xld may be able to shed more light on the original problem, but I imagine (from the solution) the wrong type of variable was used, thus an Overflow error was produced. From Excel help..
    Long (long integer) variables are stored as signed 32-bit (4-byte) numbers ranging in value from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.

Integer variables are stored as 16-bit (2-byte) numbers ranging in value from -32,768 to 32,767.