Consulting

Thread: Reports template

Reports template

Hi all again! i need your help in access this time. I was trying to create a form where a user would be able to select a report "template" and after selecting the appropriate fields from a listbox, press a cmd btn and open or print the report. Something like autoreport but with predefined page setup. I found this http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm Code26.zip, which is pretty much close to what I need. Unfortunately it only lets me choose one field and pick the values from this. What I want is to select a report and pick the fields I need to display. Can anyone help me on this please?

VBAX Guru
    Joanna, do you want to be able to use this with any report or are we just talking about one report that is already available where you want to "hide" the fields not selected?

I'm not sure I understand well the question. Well, I have to different types of reports (one to show labels and one to show data as a list). Not any report I think.

VBAX Guru
    Joanna, this is what I would suggest. Have a form with the fields that the report Can use. next to each field have a tick box, if the box is ticked then the field is included in the report, if the box is not ticked it is not included in the report. An alternative is to populate a list box with the field names and set it to multiple selection and let the user select the fields that way.