Consulting

Thread: Solved: Drop Down Box Settings

VBAX Contributor
    Solved: Drop Down Box Settings

Hi,

I would like to be able to control some drop down boxes according to the selection of some variables that also come from drop down box but i do not know how to do it.

I've attached the excel sample file.

Can anyone help?

VBAX Expert
    Cheers,

dr

"Questions, help and advice for free, small projects by donation. large projects by quote"

http:\\www.ExcelVBA.joellerabu.com

VBAX Contributor
    Hmm well, they're in an excel file only. so i guess i'm not sure what the answer is.

VBAX Expert

Well if we change then to Forms or Control Toolbox normal Comboboxes rather than HTMLSelect ones you have access to a lot of properties etc.

I'll knock off an example with explainations...
    Cheers,

dr

"Questions, help and advice for free, small projects by donation. large projects by quote"

Well, I just refreshed and saw that rbrhodes is going to provide you with an example and it will probably be better and clearer than mine but I went to the trouble so I'll post it in the hopes that it will help.

I also did not use the same controls that you did. I used normal combobox and radio buttons.

See attached
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Expert

Here's an example using Control ToolBox comboboxes and radiobuttons (option buttons).

I put your lists in Col Q +, and used the ListFillRange and ListRows properties to fill the Comboboxes. There are lots of other ways to do this...

Anyways, as you will see, the boxes appear and dissapear as commanded! Used the .visible property.
    Cheers,

dr

VBAX Contributor
    Hi,

Well if we change then to Forms or Control Toolbox normal Comboboxes rather than HTMLSelect ones you have access to a lot of properties etc.

I'll knock off an example with explainations...

OK, thanks. i'll study it and im sure i will learn from it....thanx...i'll let you know buddy..

VBAX Contributor

You da Man...It does as expected. It looks great....Now, i'm wondering how many different ways this can be done. I can only imagine........

VBAX Contributor
    Lucas.....Thanx to you also. It works as expected as well....

You guys R GrEaT.................

VBAX Expert

View menu, Toolbars and Forms. This provides simple buttons that a macro can be assigned to.

View menu, Toolbars and Control Toolbox. This provides ActiveX controls that carry their own code and have more 'properties'.

Put a 'Forms' button of combobox on the sheet and right click it. Nose around what you can do from that menu. Then experiment with the Control Toolbox controls. Click 'Design Mode' - it's the blue triangle and ruler thingy to place onjewcts on the sheet. Right click the button (or whatever) of course and view properties, view code etc.

You'll probably be acessing the help files, the web and us but it's amazing what you can do.

learn on McDuff...
    Cheers,

dr