Consulting

Thread: VBA & Get Select Result in visio

Exclamation VBA & Get Select Result in visio

Hi , I work with VBA in visio , and i conected to my Instance in sql sever 2005
    ,and now i want execute Select query and get the result of this query from one of my table.
    i dont know how can i retrive the result of this qury without datatabel, database , and qureyDef

i cant define DAO.Database , QueryDef ,...

i use below code to conect database

Const DB_CONNECT_STRING = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=unicorn-pc\mssqlserver2005;Initial Catalog=EEPDC;user id ='sa';password='12345'"

Set MyConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Set myCommand = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

MyConn.Open DB_CONNECT_STRING

Set myCommand.ActiveConnection = MyConn

myCommand.CommandText = "select RevisionID from dbo.Revision where ObjectID_FK=1 "

myCommand.Execute

MyConn.Close

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

What exactly is the problem that you are having? Is it getting the data from SQL Server, using it in Visio, or what?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Hi Xld
    in C# when we want access to data , after select it from Database , we store data in DataTable and we can use it .( use dataadapter and datatabel)
    in VBA Programing in visio , i dont have this object , i want to know how can i get this data.
    i want show this data in lables that i insert in my page .

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Using DAO and ADO you can query the SQL SEerver database and it returns a recordset. This consists of Fields (column names) and items (data rows). This should get you what you want.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Hihow can i used DAO ? how can i add this to my progect ?i cant define DAO.database or Querydef ?do i need to add somthing to my project for DAO ?

Lightbulb

thanks , i found how can i solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn4007
    Hihow can i used DAO ? how can i add this to my progect ?i cant define DAO.database or Querydef ?do i need to add somthing to my project for DAO ?