Consulting

Thread: Solved: Quick easy question!

VBAX Regular
    Question Solved: Quick easy question!

I have option buttons on my PowerPoint, and I have set their properties so that their backgrounds are transparent. However, when I start the slide show, the option buttons flicker from transparent and then they just turn opaque again.

Any advice?

VBAX Master
    Quick question > quick answer but not what you want to hear!

Control object transparancy only works properly when the object is part of a form (not on a slide)

The only solution is to use a solid fill that matches your slide background. Work out the RGB values of the background and write them down. Right click and empty white color in the control object fill dialogue and use these vallues. If you don't have a solid background to the slide (ie gradient, picture) this won't work of course!
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

VBAX Regular
    Quick question > quick answer but not what you want to hear!

Control object transparancy only works properly when the object is part of a form (not on a slide)

The only solution is to use a solid fill that matches your slide background. Work out the RGB values of the background and write them down. Right click and empty white color in the control object fill dialogue and use these vallues. If you don't have a solid background to the slide (ie gradient, picture) this won't work of course!
    Oh thanks for the help, at least I can stop trying it endlessly now.