Consulting

Thread: Help to extract msoutlook appointments onto an LCD display using VBA code.

Unhappy Help to extract msoutlook appointments onto an LCD display using VBA code.

I have just started a project in which i have been assigned to create VBA code to extract outlook appointments from a remote PC to display onto a small LCD text display monitor (consisting of only 2 lines of text - approx 20 characters) via the serial port (RS232 connection).

It would be much appreciated if you could post a few ideas/suggestions of how this could be achieved as i am a beginner in regards to VB and VBA as I have just begun to learn the basics so could do with help regarding a starting point.

Many Thanks

How are the appointments stored on the remote PC? Are they local, or are they stored in a publicly accessible folder?
    Regards,
    JP

Read the FAQ
    Getting free help on the web
    My website
    Please use [vba][/vba] tags when posting code

I would intend to use the VBA program on two different PC's for testing so would transfer via an external Hard Drive. So would store the appointments locally on this as well as the computer currently in use.

As for what to extract, i am trying to view the:
    • Subject
    • Start and End time
    • Start and end date
    • Most important - Location
    • All day event
    Thanks

What I meant was, the VBA code has to reside on the remote PC, or whatever PC is connected to the monitor (I assume they are one in the same computer). But there is much we don't know about your setup.
    Regards,
    JP

Read the FAQ
    Getting free help on the web
    My website
    Please use [vba][/vba] tags when posting code

Yes the VBA code will be run via the remote PC, which will be connected to the basic LCD display. As for the setup, the PC will be easily capable of running this kind of program in terms of memory, speed etc. the main point to note is that I will be using Microsoft outlook 2007 and connecting via the serial port to the LCD. As far as I know this part will need to be written in Visual Basic to connect with the comm port.

As I said I am still a beginner, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks