Consulting

Thread: Button macro

VBAX Tutor
    Button macro

I am using an excel spread sheet that someone else created, which has a number of command buttons and spinners. The original was created in the newest version of excel, however I am using it in '97. I can see the VBA that should be executed when clicking the command buttons in the VBA editor, but at the moment when I click on the command button all I can do is adjust the button size etc. How do I activate these buttons and spinners? Is there jsut an on/off, lock/unlock setting somewher?

Thanks

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Tutor
    sure thing, here it is, it needs to be connected to a trading platform but should give you an idea.

VBAX Tutor
    dont suppose anyone has any ideas on this one???

VBAX Tutor
    Still trying to figure this one out, All the buttons seem to be stuck in edit mode.... is there just a setting to turn edit mode off??? Or is it because they were made in the new version and Im trying to use it in an old verison? I have saved it in 2003 format though....
    Last edited by maninjapan; 11-12-2009 at 12:21 PM.

I don't have 07 but I don't see any controls, just pictures of controls.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Tutor
    right, HOw do I make these controls? I saw it working fine in 07... maybe it just needs to be in 07.....

there is no connection between the code in sheet 1 and the pictures on sheet 1.

I find it hard to believe that you saw this working in 07.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Tutor
    No idea what was going on, but I had the person save it in 2003 version and it worked fine. Definately saw it with my own eyes. The only thing I can think of is they sent the wrong file by mistake....

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I feel violated! I opened this file and I was immediately assaulted by an onslaught of overused, inappropriate colour

I think that whoever developed this spreadsheet added contro toolbox controls and then you got hold of it in Excel 97 and resaved it. My guess is that control toolbox controls aren't availabel to Excel 97, so they got destroyed, saving just an image.

I think you will need to rebuild with Forms controls.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber