Consulting

Thread: Live Chat with Mr Excel - May 13!

Live Chat with Mr Excel - May 13!

Hello everybody,

He knows so much Excel, they call him Mister... and we've got him for a live chat on VBAX's one year anniversary! That's right, it is a privilege and a pleasure to invite you all to a VBAX Live Chat with Bill Jelen (aka Mr. Excel) on May 13th!

As anyone Excel will know, Bill owns and runs MrExcel.com, one of the foremost Excel resources on the internet, has published a number of Excel books, and also provides consulting services to the world. For anyone who enjoys working with Excel, this is a fantastic opportunity to tap into one of Excel's greats, so don?t miss it!

Logistics:

Date: Friday, May 13, 2005
    Duration: About 1 hour

Time:
    9:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time
    Which also works out to:
    6:00 PM Pacific Time
    2:00 AM (May 14th) in London (GMT)
    3:00 AM (May 14th) in Stockholm, Sweden
    1:00 PM (May 14th) for Sydney, Australia

This event will be held in our own chat room, which is accessed by clicking the Chat link on the main navigation bar (between ?Members? and ?Arcade? menus as shown in pic below).

The requirements to run the chat room software is essentially only to have Java installed? and preferably the latest version. To download the latest Java software (it is FREE), click here

I would HIGHLY recommend that you test the chat software before you attend, just to work out any kinks before the chat starts. It?s open 24-7, so you can pop in there right now to get started, just click here!

For any who are keen to read up on the chat room features, (this is voluntary, and definitely not required!) the Chat room instructions can be found here

If you have any issues accessing the chat room at all, please Private Message me, and we?ll get it sorted out.

Hope to see you there!
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Looking forward to this chat!! Everyone should come. The last time Bill was the guest on a chat it was great.
    Brandtrock

Not that anyone needs bribing to come chat with Bill, but I just wanted to mention that he has volunteered some gifts for the chat as well. (Thanks again, Bill!)

During the chat, we'll make a drawing from all those present, and we will give away the following prizes courtesy of Mr. Excel:

A MrExcel Function Clock. I actually have one of these hanging in my office, and I have to say that its hilarious to watch people try and read it. It's very cool.

An Autographed copy of The Spreadsheet at 25; The evolution of the invention that changed the world. This book looks really great as well. Having used Lotus, Supercalc, Quattro Pro and many versions of Excel, I'm looking forward to reading up on the histroy of how all these products came into play and knocked each other off in the world market shares.

See you there!

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Jedi Master

"3:00 AM (May 14th) in Stockholm, Sweden"

does requre a lot of bribing. Even if it's Bill.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas"

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as for as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." Albert Einstein

Unfortunately I have other plans for 2.00AM on that day - the same as my plans for 2.00AM on most other days =

Those who are attending will, I'm sure, greatly enjoy it - Bill is 'the man' when it comes to Excel.

FYI, it's Friday night/Saturday morning. Aren't you just getting home from the pub about that time?

Unfortunately, I think I'll be driving thru central Florida that night.

Hey, count me in! Though that is a tad late!

Hmmmm... Change of plans! Looks like I'll be in town afterall.

Hmmmm... Change of plans! Looks like I'll be in town afterall.
    Hey cool! Maybe you can ask Bill his opinion on the named range question!

Hey cool! Maybe you can ask Bill his opinion on the named range question!
    Too boring of a chat topic...
    ...or perhaps it's that too many would have too much to say?

Best to keep chat material at one-to-two line response levels I think.

Nothing more boring in a chatroom than to see 2 or 3 people dropping paragraphs at a time into the read buffer.

2am in London... I'll give it a go but at that time on a Fri night/Sat morning my typing speed may well be close to 0 (and quite possible my reading speed too).
    K :-)

Site Admin
    The Princess VBAX Guru Anne Troy's Avatar
    ~Anne Troy

Mac Moderator VBAX Expert shades's Avatar
    Thanks to Bill

Bill, thanks for taking the time to share with the faithful remnant last night. Looks like you have a busy schedule ahead of you. Look forward to all the new stuff!

Software: LibreOffice 3.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.5
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3.28.2008 )
    Humanware: Older than dirt
    --------------------
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org