Consulting

Thread: Get filepath including root server/volume?

Get filepath including root server/volume?

Is there a way to get the filepath of the attached template, including the root server and volume instead of whatever drive letter I assigned to it?

I tried the following, but the string endings up starting with the drive letter and I need to know the full path:

[vba]strTemplateName = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path[/vba]

Thanks!

What I am specifically trying to do is this. Find out the server name where the template being run is stored, put that in a string, then check the string to see if the server is SERVERA or SERVERB. Based on which server it is, I will save the ouput files in a specific folder on the correct server.

VBAX Regular
    I'm not sure you are going to be able to do what you want. Is this for new or exisiting documents? Are your drives mapped like x: = \\server1\share y:=\\server2\share or are you using DFS or similar ?
    If I was doing it in VBScript I would be using something like this http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...workdrives.htm

So you need to see if you can get the network object under VBA. The properties contain drive letter and mapped path.