Consulting

Thread: listbox.value blank while listbox.list(listindex) accurate

listbox.value blank while listbox.list(listindex) accurate

Greetings - have a strange problem I am trying to understand...in the attached workbook, listbox_reasons.value is sometimes blank, while using listbox_reasons.list(listindex) displays the value correctly.

In my production workbook, I get this problem every time. In the attached sample workbook, .value was sometimes only blank every other time I loaded the userform - and I find that just plain odd!

instructions for replicating the problem are in the attached workbook.

OK...as I went to put a textbox with instructions in the workbook and re-test to make sure things worked like I thought they did, the problem disappeared...I did not change any code, just added a textbox.

and then I closed and re-opened the file, the problem re-appeared.

SO, if you are interested, and do not see the problem the first time, I guess try closing and re-opening the file? THANKS, tim

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

I get this on (at least) one of my apps. I never did figure out why, I just learned to live with it and use List.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks Bob, that makes me feel a lot better! I'll have to get into the habit of using list. I spent a good three hours trying to figure it out this morning; time to move on.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    LOL! That was exactly the conclusion I camne to after spending many hours on it.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber