Consulting

Thread: Copy toolbar and autotext to all files in folder?

Copy toolbar and autotext to all files in folder?

Is there an easy way to copy a specific toolbar and two autotext entries from a master into all templates in a specific folder?

I basically renamed the existing toolbar, the macro that it calls, and the description of the macro that appears on the toolbar. For some reason (I have absolutely no idea why) Word will not let me manually copy the new toolbar from a different file into the active template or even let me manually update the existing toolbar. Is it possible to rename everything via a macro? I'm stumped!

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    Have you tried recording the steps using the Organiser to copy the toolbar/autotext? I only have 2007 here at the moment so can't look at this.

Yes, I tried that and it worked for one template but not for three others I tested it on. In fact, for those three it wouldn't even let me copy it over from Organizer manually. I have no idea why.

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar

No, they aren't read only. I have been able to copy toolbars from template to template manually using the Organizer, but either Word or some templates won't allow me to do so now and I don't know another way to do it (possiby by macro).