Consulting

Thread: Excel 2007 Macro Ref Libraries

Excel 2007 Macro Ref Libraries

I'm still having problems with compile errors in Excel 2007 because (usually) ATPVBAEN can't be found. Sometimes the macro reference list shows that it's "MISSING". Explain please . . . Does "MISSING" mean that the compiler knows that what it's looking for is in ATPVBAEN, but it can't find the file on my computer??
    I noticed that sometimes the name in the macro REFERENCES list has ".XLS" as the extension, and sometimes it has ".XLA". What's the difference?

Lately I've been getting compile errors when I use functions like DATE, CHR, and LEFT. These references are in old macros that have been running just fine for years in Excel 2003.
    I'm finding it difficult to locate files in Windows 7. Where should ATPVBAEN be located and in 2007 what extension should it have?

Incidentally, I see that the 2010 version of Excel is available for download now.

VBAX Regular
    Go to add-ins, and check the box next to "Analysis Toolpack - VBA"

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    The Analysis Toolpak functions have been incorporated into Excel 2007, they are no longer part of an addin.

Just uncheck that MISSING item, should resolve all.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular

So having the "Analysis Toolpack - VBA" addin in use is redundant?

No, it isn't redundant if your VBA code is using elements from the ATP VBA library.
    Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

VBAX Regular
    Gotcha (I think)...so it's only redundant as far as use of functions.

Either way, I have it checked because some of the VBA projects do use it. I was just curious.

Exactly. The stats analisys "functions" like regression and ANOVA still require the ATP.
    Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP jkp-ads.com