Hi all,

Back again with what is presumably an easy question, but I did some searches and found nothing.

I edit documentation. I have reason to execute dozens of search and replaces in nearly every doc I work on as a means to make corrections, so it makes sense to save time and write these searches into a macro.

The following is code that was generated when I recorded a search and replace action using the Record Macro feature built into Word. It obviously executes a single search and replace - "Word A" for "Word B".

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
    Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
    With Selection.Find
        .Text = "Word A"
        .Replacement.Text = "Word B"
        .Forward = True
        .Wrap = wdFindContinue
        .Format = False
        .MatchCase = False
        .MatchWholeWord = False
        .MatchWildcards = False
        .MatchSoundsLike = False
        .MatchAllWordForms = False
    End With
    Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
I know that to run several search and replaces one after another, all I'd need to do is essentially copy this code several times. But this is likely too much code – is there a more efficient way to execute many, many search and replaces? Maybe a way to store terms to a matrix or range and execute a search and replace based on that? Some of my search terms would require case sensitivity, and some would require finding whole word instances, but I think getting around this proublem would be as easy as grouping terms based on search requirements, right?

If there's an efficient way to go about this, I'd do hundreds, maybe even thousands of search and replaces. See, I created an AutoCorrect with over 12,000 corrections (Word ships with about 960), so I'd likely load up those entries into this macro. I suppose if you guys can help me, I'd host the file somewhere for you guys to download. If you're interested, of course.

So, any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 and Office 2010, btw, if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!!