Consulting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Run a Macro when you click on a cell

Run a Macro when you click on a cell

Hi everyone,

I need some help with Excel. I am trying to run a macro which is for a calendar pop up to run automatically when a cell is clicked on.

When I press Alt + F8 it shows my macro and it says that is called Personal.xls!OpenCalendar.

I need to this macro to run whenever a cell is clicked on in 'D'

calendar controls will give you problems if you are sending it to other people. they may not have the calendar control installed.....

This can be done though.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

This is for a spreadsheet that I was asked to make for my company. It won't be sent to anyone there are only a hnadful of people that are working on this spreadsheet. I created a new form and created the calendar within that and it is only linked to this workbook so I don't see that being an issue. I just need the popup to come up when I click on that column. What can I do?

This is sheet change code so it needs to go in the code module for the sheet. It is set for column 1 or A

the calendar control will have to be on userform1 or you will have to change that part in the code.

[VBA]Option Explicit
    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Column = 1 Then
    UserForm1.Show
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub[/VBA]
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I put in the code and I changed my form to Userform1 but when I click nothing happens. I changed userform1 eveywhere in my project. Nothing happens when I click anywhere. I'm really sorry for being a pest. I really appreciate your help.

Did you put it in the module for sheet that want it to work on?

example attached.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

yes i went to sheet1 and right clicked and view code

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Post your workbook, it will ease matters.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

I am just testing out some ideas. I hope this will have all my stuff i did in the module thing with it

There is no userform or calendar control in the workbook you posted.

Try it now

Column A
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

THIS IS weird nothing happens when I click anywhere.

Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

i closed everything i had open and ran the one you sent me. thank you so much for your help!!!!!

VBAX Mentor
    Sorry if I'm misreading your request. Try the attached. It should launch your OpenCalendar macro contained in your Personal.xls file when you click anywhere in the D column.

I missed the personal.xls part. Thanks mbarron. You will have to add it to everyone's personal.xls that uses it. You probably should just leave it in the workbook......
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

thanks a lot guys. I think its better as well if I just include it in the workbook it self. Can I change the Personal.xls to be just in this workbok>?

export the userform out of personal and then import it into your workbook....
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

Then you can delete it from your personal.xls
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

I'M BACK AGAIN!

I have started to put the spreadsheet together. And there is a section where there is a i have to get a due date from a date submitted. I have got that fine but i have to fill down the formula however when I do this becasue the date fields it is showing a date of 1/11/1900. Is there an easy way for me to hide this until a number is populated in the corresponding field?

Attached is my spreadsheet column 2 populates column 16.

In row 2 and drag down
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln