Consulting

Thread: Solved: Set focus on a control

VBAX Expert
    Solved: Set focus on a control

I have a form (basically is a search form), with a Textbox and several other controls. What I would like to do is set the focus to the Textbox and select the entire content everytime I hit the enter key. I tried using the .SetFocus but it is not working - so to speak. If I were to click a button, the focus is then set to the Textbox, but if I hit the Enter key, the focus is set to next tab index! Because it is a search form, the Textbox would the the most ideal to have the focus all the time. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, I have a KeyDown event on my Textbox, to process the Enter Key.

Thanks in advance.

You'll have to use the mouse to focus on another control.

SamT

1) "setFocus" to your texbox

2) In "UserForm_Initialize" routine put CommandButton1.Enabled = True... when you hit the "enter" key, the command button will trigger

Phil

VBAX Expert
    Thank you both. The solutions work. Phil's much simpler to implement and more desirable. However, I think that you had made a mistake. It should be CommandButton1.Default = True. Nevertheless, thank you for your solutions

Jkwan, glad it is working for you... oppps, I guess next time I shouldn't be yapping on the phone while posting