Consulting

Thread: Pop ups

Pop ups

Ok so I have a 100 line macro that I built by using sample code I found here. It does what I programmed it to surprisingly. The engineer above me wants to get ride of the windows that keep popping up. So here is what the macro does. Someone puts an order in for a part. An employee opens the excel file takes down the dimensions of what the customer wants. Clicks a button and the file saves it self a screen pops up and asks for a part number and 8 different check boxes. Depending on which 3 of 8 they pick the computer will go and find the required drawings and assembly files in Inventor and proceed to open them. This is where I get the pop up that slows the whole process down. Is there any way around this pop up? And the fact that there are 16 cases and i only show one is that its the same thing over and over.

[vba]Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
    RefrPN = Me.TextBox1.Text

Dim Part As Integer

'Checking For Folder and creating folder if its not there
    Dim FSO1 As Object
    Dim FSO As Object
    Dim FromPath As String
    Dim ToPath As String
    Dim folder As String
    folder = "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN
    Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    If FSO.FolderExists(test) Then
    MsgBox& "is a valid folder.", vbInformation, "Path Exists"

End If

If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox5.Value = True Then Part = 1 Else

If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox6.Value = True Then Part = 2 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox7.Value = True Then Part = 3 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox8.Value = True Then Part = 4 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox5.Value = True Then Part = 6 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox6.Value = True Then Part = 7 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox7.Value = True Then Part = 8 Else
    If CheckBox1.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox8.Value = True Then Part = 5 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox5.Value = True Then Part = 9 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox6.Value = True Then Part = 10 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox7.Value = True Then Part = 11 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox3.Value And CheckBox8.Value = True Then Part = 12 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox5.Value = True Then Part = 14 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox6.Value = True Then Part = 15 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox7.Value = True Then Part = 16 Else
    If CheckBox2.Value And CheckBox4.Value And CheckBox8.Value = True Then Part = 13 Else

'Copying files from School Ribbed Steel to Created folder
    Select Case Part

Case Is = 1
    FromPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\Desktop\School Ribbed Steel"
    ToPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN

If Right(FromPath, 1) = "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\Desktop\School Ribbed Steel" Then
    FromPath = Left(FromPath, Len(FromPath) - 1)
    End If

If Right(ToPath, 1) = "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN Then
    ToPath = Left(ToPath, Len(ToPath) - 1)
    End If

Set FSO1 = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")

If FSO1.FolderExists(FromPath) = False Then
    MsgBox FromPath & " doesn't exist"
    End If

FSO1.CopyFolder Source:=FromPath, Destination:=ToPath

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
    "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN & "\Excel Driver Page.xls" _
    , FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled, CreateBackup:=False

MsgBox "You can find the files and subfolders from " & "Template Folder" & " in " & RefrPN

'Opening Inventor for checking and printing drawings
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN & _
    "\Ribbed ribbed steel packing.iam", NewWindow:=True
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\Documents and Settings\brianK\My Documents\" & RefrPN & _
    "\Ribbed Ribbed Steel.idw", NewWindow:=True
    "\Steel Flat Pattern.idw", NewWindow:=True
    "\Rib Tread.idw", NewWindow:=True[/vba]

One suggestion would be to shut off the display of alerts just before that section of code runs. You need to set it back to true after that code runs though:

[vba]Application.DisplayAlerts = False[/vba]
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I will try that thank you.

That would be a no . But it was worth a shot

Maybe add an errorhandler to see what's going on?

[VBA] On Error GoTo 1
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink (ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\TestDoc.doc"), NewWindow:=True
    Exit Sub
    1: MsgBox Err.Description[/VBA]
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Said couldn't find the file? Is there another way to open a file that is in a different program?

This is the best way I think. If it can't find the file, might there be a problem with your path?

Can you put a file in a simpler path to test it?

Mayber try a doc file or something just to see what is going on.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

another question: if you double click the file

Ribbed ribbed steel packing.iam

from windows explorer, does it open in Inventor?
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

Yes the program will open from explorer. Im just trying to automate it so that you dont have to go looking. It worked before i tried the error handler. Maybe i typed it wrong?

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Did you change the file name in the error handler?
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

I retried it and nothing still getting the window and i think i have an extra folder create?

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

It is an Inventor Assembly File. It is a 3D molding software

lol tricky one!

Yes it is a very tricky one

Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

It has one like the excel version. If that helps?

If it has a vba interface then the call to:
    [VBA]
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    [/VBA]
    may be different and you should be able to research it in the help files in the inventor vb editor.

For instance, in Word it looks like this:
    [VBA]Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsNone[/VBA]

If you have intellisense turned on you should be able to type:

application.displayalerts =

When you type the = sign or the space after it, intellisense should give you some options.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Sage
    I'm not a big fan of SendKeys but I inserted a hyperlink into a worksheet to call a txt file

Just clicking it got the Security popup. but linking to it from my VBA below bypassed the popup

[vba]
    Sub Macro1()
    Call Application.SendKeys("%y")
    Range("G5").Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
    End Sub
    [/vba]

Paul

Ok paul That seems like a good idea but i have no idea how to get around the range part. But the company I work for changed its idea of what they wanted it to do and after removing the hyperlink my program works. Thanks for all the help yall
    Last edited by knobloch.b; 04-20-2010 at 08:46 AM.