Consulting

Thread: Solved: Personal.xls not loading - usual solutions not working

Solved: Personal.xls not loading - usual solutions not working

Hi,

Excel has suddenly stopped loading my Personal file.

Personal.xls is where it has always been, in the default XLSTART folder.
    I have tried removing it from XLSTART and creating a new one by recording. This new one is not loaded by Excel upon restarting the application.
    Nothing is disabled. Nothing is hidden & it is not displayed in the VBE.

I am stumped I have to say. Perhaps it is a network issue, but can anyone think of any other potential solutions?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    Hi,

Excel has suddenly stopped loading my Personal file.

Personal.xls is where it has always been, in the default XLSTART folder.
    I have tried removing it from XLSTART and creating a new one by recording. This new one is not loaded by Excel upon restarting the application.
    Nothing is disabled. Nothing is hidden & it is not displayed in the VBE.

I am stumped I have to say. Perhaps it is a network issue, but can anyone think of any other potential solutions?

Thanks.
    Hey did you try this,

go to excel options, add-ins, in the drop down box select disabled items then go, now check there personal.xls is there if yes click on that and enable. Restart the Excel. That's it.
    Happiness keeps u sweet, trials keep u strong, sorrow keeps u human, failure keeps u humble, success keeps u glowing, but only God keeps u going

Sam - nothing unusual.

Krishna - I couldn't find a reference to add ins in excel options, although I am able to use my other add ins as usual. There is the reference to add ins under Tools, but nowhere to select disabled items.

I had this problem once. I have 2003 but if you go to help on the main menu and select "about" you get a dialog.

Look at the bottom for a button that says "disabled items"

Maybe it's been disabled.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    Sam - nothing unusual.

Krishna - I couldn't find a reference to add ins in excel options, although I am able to use my other add ins as usual. There is the reference to add ins under Tools, but nowhere to select disabled items.
    Hm.,
    I thought you are using excel 2007. anyway i have found this

check it out

and

Here

Cheers
    Happiness keeps u sweet, trials keep u strong, sorrow keeps u human, failure keeps u humble, success keeps u glowing, but only God keeps u going

Thanks for the links Krishna. I had tried those methods, which is why the sudden disappearence was so frustrating. However, for some unfathomable reason personal.xls has now reappeared this morning, 2 days later - I only checked on the offchance.

Sam - I will keep your suggestion in mind for the future

Wow. Atlast We heard a Good News From you Starsky.