Consulting

Thread: Where To Save Macros?

VBAX Expert
    Where To Save Macros?

I am running PowerPoint 2003 I have decent experience with VBA in Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and Project, but have not done much programming of PowerPoint until now. There appears to be no equivalent to Personal.xls, Normal.dot, etc. Where does one store the library of general purpose procedures that evolve and have them accessible for any existing or new PP file?

Thanks
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

VBAX Expert
    Further to my earlier post, I have tried using PP add-ins, but they do not work as I would expect. In excel, add-ins are visible and editable in the VBA editor and procedures in any add-in can, in general, be executed from any open xls that references the add-in. Word lets you open an addin if you opened the file directly. Use is pretty similar to excel. But in PP I can not do anything with an addin. I created A.ppa and vialTools|Add-ins, loaded A.ppa But I can not seem to do anything with any of the procedures in A.ppa. I can not see them in the VBA editor, they are not visible in the list of Macros, if I try to execute one of them from another VBA proc in the current presentation, I get an error. What is going on?

I also can not see anything when I use the Add-in Manager in the VBA editor. How do I get add-ins to appear in that window? There is no "add" button

Thanks
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.