Consulting

Thread: Solved: How to Delete Diagonal (Border) Lines

Solved: How to Delete Diagonal (Border) Lines

In several of my Excel 2003 workbooks I entered diagonal lines across a cell to remind myself that this cell has old data. When I decided to remove all diagonal lines from the workbooks (now converted to Excel 2007) I discovered that there doesn’t seem to be a way to remove diagonal lines except by writing a macro to do it. It’s hard to believe they no longer provide a way to create and remove diagonal lines (except by VBA), but I can’t find it. Will someone please tell me how to manage diagonal lines?

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

With Selection
    .Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
    .Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
    End With
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Hi, XLD!
    I think you missed my point. I have the macro to delete the diagonals. I was looking for an Excel command that will do that. In Excel 2003 I had a command, which I used to create the diagonals. Now I want the Excel 2007 command to remove the diagonals. It seems to have been omitted from the Excel 2007 system. Similarly there is no command to create the diagonals. If it no longer exists, then I'd like to know that for sure. At the moment I feel that such a command exists, but I just don't know where it is.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Home>Cells>Format>Border and clickon the diagonals does it for me.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Sage
    It's a little tricky to find the 'not so obvious' spot, but in the screen shot 'X' marks the 4 diagonal on/off spots. They're bigger than just that X area, so click around

Paul

In just knew it would be something simple like that. Don't know why it took me so long to find it.

Thanx for tolerating me and my stupid Q's.