Consulting

Thread: Newbie to VBA - MS Access 2007!

Newbie to VBA - MS Access 2007!

1) Command button which turns on/off edit (both on the database itself and on the form)
    2) Send template emails from MS Access 2007 via my gmail email account.
    3) Import/Export data from my emails on the gmail account
    4) Also I am not sure if this is possible but to have the database/form etc to appear without the toolbars etc. I would like the database/form to be standalone.

I know it is quite a lot to ask, but I have been racking my brains watching tutorial videos and still have no idea what to do. If you could help then I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

VBAX Guru
    Number 1 I do not understand the requirement for this?
    Number 2 is straightforward, although the Template part I am not sure about.
    Number 3 I am not sure about what you actually want to do, import email replies perhaps? I have never seen anything on Importing from gmail.
    Number 4, you use the "Startup as Options for the Current Database".

Number 1: i think you are referring to converting the system to an ACCDE to ensure that an end user cannot modify the code. However this is a one way process and cannot be reversed (at least not very easily). The best way to deal with this is to keep a development version in accdb format then when you want to deliver the database you give them an accde.
    "From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success" - Chitty chitty bang bang

"I fear not the man who has 10,000 kicks practiced once. I fear the man who has 1 kick practiced 10,000 times" - Bruce Lee