Consulting

Thread: How to access menu items of Excel add-in?

How to access menu items of Excel add-in?

Hi,

I use an Excel plug-in from a third-party developer. The plug-in shows up as an additional menu item on my Excel along with Excel’s typical menu.

I need to click on the menu item and then click on two other submenus to perform a task. I wish to automate this task through a macro. How can I do that?

I also checked the folder where the files related to the plug-in are stored and it contains one xla file and a bunch of dll files.

Thanks,

MG.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    If you can find the name of the functions that you need to run, you could set a refernec to the addin in your project, then just call the functions.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

xld,

Thanks. I don't know how to get the name of the function. The button itself says 'Refresh'.

To make the matter simple, how would you call the 'validation' sub-menu under the 'data' menu of Excel?

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

[vba]

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Data").Controls("Validation...").Execu te
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber