Consulting

Thread: autolisp in autocad

autolisp in autocad

hi gud day to all readers, i have a question about autolisp...
    how to make the code that will extract autocad coordinates to ms excel? im using autocad 2008 and excel 2007. thanks for the answer...

This is a very general question. We need more specific information to help you in your objective. For example what coordinates do you wish to extract? and where in the spreadsheet of Excel would you want to place them, (sheet name cell id etc)

Also autolisp is a lot harder to work with and I would suggest that you use VBA. In the other 2 post you have posted in you have had trouble with activating Excel, you would need to tell us where the problems occur and what the error said so we can help you further.

this is the scenario

i have my coordinates in Column B and Column C, i would like to plot that coordinates in autocad. Would it be possible to plot data from excel to autocad using vba? hope u can answer my question

Yes you can do that very easy. So the question is are you more comfortable working in acad or excel? I can do either.

What versions are you using?

yes sir

i love programming in excel but not in vba sir... im currently using autocad 2008 and ms excel 2007. and i want also a vba code or lisp that can i make my estimates based on my drawing. thanks

I am not sure what you are asking here. I have worked on numerous systems that do what you are asking and it has taken anywhere from a day to years to do it. So I guess what I am getting at is can you give more details.

excel to cad

sir i want a vba code that will import excel data in autocad and draw a line. exmple: i have my x-coordinate in column A, y in column B and z in column C. im using cad 2008 and excel 2007. thanks