Consulting

Thread: Gerry Knight (fumei) MVP

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Gerry Knight (fumei) MVP

Congratulations Gerry on MVP recognition by Microsoft.

I don't know what our Word forum would do without you.

Regards
    Malcolm
    MVP (Excel 2008-2010)

Post a workbook with sample data and layout if you want a quicker solution.

To help indent your macros try Smart Indent

Please remember to mark threads 'Solved'

I'm surprised that it took this long for Microsoft to recognize your skill in coding and extracting the information from the poster!

See Ya on the next thread.

Heartfelt congratulations Gerry. Well deserved.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Congratulations Gerry. Another inmate is always welcome.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

VBAX Sage
    Now you're NEVER have time to write "All You Ever Wanted To Know About Word" since you're be too busy helping the rest of us

Paul

VBAX Newbie
    Congratulations on the recognition, well deserved as with others i have read in this forum.

VBAX Wizard
    Ummmmm, sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I rarely check the Announcements. In fact, I would never have know you nice people posted these if somewhere else there was a debate about information about me available in a search. Someone posted the fact these mentioned me by name.

In any case, thank you thank you. I appreciate it. Especially as I doubt very much I will be able to continue as a Word MVP into a second year. Because of restrictions here at work (and I do not have Internet access at home), I have limited contact with the MVP site. For example, I can not access the MVP only newsgroups. No newsreaders are allowed here. I can not download anything. I wanted to look at Office 2010, but can not. Bummer.

So, I am happy to have received some recognition for my Word skills, but they are rapidly fading into the past, and will soon no longer be applicable. I am becoming a dinosaur. So it goes.

Nevertheless, again, thank you. You congratulations are heart warming.

VBAX Wizard
    Oh, and Paul? I may not end up writing "All You Ever Wanted To Know About Word" - but this is as it should be. I am incapable of doing so. I will never catch up with Paul (macropod) on the use of fields, so right there...I can not state everything there is to know about Word.

I have, however, written the teacher guide and the student guide to my two week Word/Vba course. It is 800 pages. Does that count?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar

I doubt I've teased out everything possible from Word's arcane field language but, as new challenges come along, I might just keep plugging away ...
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Congrats Gerry!!!!! It's about time they recognized pure genius. Very cool indeed.

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    Well done Gerry - well and truly deserved!!!

VBAX Contributor

On a recent post Paul Hossler asked you what you meant by your signature line "<60 working days until retirement" and you replied...

Quote Originally Posted by fumei
    Nope, actually the opposite. I do not have Internet access at home (been Internet-free for more than two years now). So once I leave work, I will be off-line for good.

Oh I may have the opportunity to get on-line once in a while, but for the most part, when I retire my on-line life will be over as well.
    I would like this forum to acknowledge all of your contributions and assistance.

I am reasonably new to this site and lately have been helped / offered suggestions by you.

I have greatly valued your comments and contibutions and would like to thank you for all of your efforts.

All the best with your retirement.

Regards,
    Dave T

VBAX Wizard

We'll see. I may not be able to go full cold turkey. This and other forums make up a great deal of my social circle (such as it is). It has been convenient to be able to do it through work. Can I drop it completely, once I am out of here? That is my intention, but...

Congratulations on the recognition!

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    This thread just got resurrected by another of those inane 'look, i'm here' posts that we are plagued with, but it got me looking, and I see that some 3 years ago Gerry had <60 days to retirement, and he was threatening that would be the end of his online life. As I see that he is still here and still working, does that mean he has connected at home, or that he is still working?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Good question, was wondering that myself.