Consulting

Thread: #Name? error in Form text box.

#Name? error in Form text box.

Dear All,

I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered
    #Name?
    I couldn't understand why is it happening?
    Please assist?

Rgds,
    Aligahk06

I'm assuming that you have checked your data source. I've usually seen this when I'm trying to concatenate two or more fields in a query and don't do it right.

If your record source for the form is a query maybe post the query string so we can look at that. If it is the table, then simply right click on the text field and select properties and paste the Control Source here so we can look at that.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

All,

I have a form but i could not move to the next record and even i could n't save the records to the table.
    How can a table and a form fields can be linked.I'm encountering #Name error.
    Can anybody look out the form and advise me.

Help is deeply welcome.
    Attachment is for ref.

Rgds,
    Aligahk06
    Last edited by aligahk06; 04-23-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Important issue

VBAX Guru
    Sorry I can't open Access 2007 Databases.
    The form is linked to the Table or Query using the Form's "Record Source" Property. When this is set to a Table or Query it then provides a "Field List" with all of the correct names of your Table's Fields.
    As Imdabaum says the error that you have is generated when Access can't match up the name that you have given the Form Field's "Control Source" with one in the Table or Query.

Your form has no recordset. Go into design view of the form, and right click the top left square next to the "DETAIL" line. Select properties and in the properties pane open the Data tab.

Here you should click the ellipse button on the Record Source and set the NewFormTable to be the record source.

The contract No value should be set to have Contract Number as the recordsource and continue on that path until you have eliminated your #Name? errors.

As a side note, for your users it might be easier for them to use if the text fields have some borders so they don't just see a blank white screen. Welcome to the forums.

Solved :

At the top of this thread you can find a drop down with the label "Thread Tools".

If you've found a solution you can mark your post solved. It saves the admins from having to do it.

The threads tools have no any option like Mark solved a.d clicking the threads tool it redirect to the end of the page.

That's odd. Usually the original poster has the option. Oh well. On to the admins. Glad you got your problem fixed though.

I've noticed you have quite a few posts that you are solving. I've pasted a screenshot of what you can do to let us know that you've solved it.

It's a public forum, so the idea is that your solutions can help everyone, as our solutions hopefully will help you.

Please mark your posts as solved when they are, and post your solution so we can know how well we did.

Thread solved.

Hi IMdabaum,

I agree and follow the same way you instructed and i got everything ok.
    Actually it was a problem of unbound source.
    Thanks a lot.