Consulting

Thread: Office tries to reinstall...

Office tries to reinstall...

Every time I open any application from MS Office 2007 Small Business it tries to reinstall/reconfigure. It terminates saying that there is no xml file to configure it. I close the error and the application opens and starts working fine.

Anyone had a similar problem and how did you overcome it? I have only had this problem once at an old job, where I had Office 2003, and 2007 on the same machine. Every time I opened an mdb it would reconfigure my machine to use 2003 and vice versa. I only have 2007 on this machine though so I'm at a loss... things work, but waiting is annoying.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

I have the same problem, any ideas?:S

I have seen the typical thing quite a few times. If persevere further then you'll see that it asks for SKU****.CAB file which it says is missing though it is not. Why does it happen? No idea.

Solution: Thats because, it has gone corrupt. Call your admin and reload Excel. The message will go away.
    Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shrivallabha
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Excel 2016 in Home / 2010 in Office

VBAX Regular

I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything. That was my solution. I didn't find any others that worked.

I did make a back up of all my documents before of course.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

VBAX Regular
    I had a similar problem, disappeared uninstalling Office 2007.. occurred when I had two versions of Office installed - 2007 and 2013