Consulting

Thread: Data from Excel (macros) to Word using VBA

Data from Excel (macros) to Word using VBA

HI Gurus,

I am working on task where I need to capture the values from Excel and insert in to Word and place in desired location of word. In nutshell like creating Invoice for calculation(Excel) ,we have template report in Word and now we pass on values from Excel (clicking on push button) to Word. Hope I am not confusing . I am new to VBA world. for my scenario no Copy/paste or Bookmark from Word

Clarity purpose once again, When you click on push button in Excel those values should populate in one click(push button) in Word. I have uploaded sample picture as well

My scenario for Word. I have standard template of 5 to 7page in standard location which there are some values of Excel(10 to 15 values) should populate to existing template in certain locations like first page etc

Thanks in advance. Have a pleasant day

Cheers
    Sekhar

Why aren't you trying mail merge from Word itself. That would be a better controller of your data.

Thanks for the quick reply. mail merge we have to choose values but my requirement is more dynamic and automated,actually my requirement is to capture the data from Excel(macros) and place the data in Word in random places that should happen with click( in Excel push button) where all the values should reflect in Word. I hope I am asking for a lot..hope I am not confusing
    cheers

"place the data in Word in random places"??? You MUST tell Word where to put the values or they are just put in at the selection point. (ie. a bookmark, formfield, table location etc). Dave