Consulting

Thread: Run Time err 1004: Unable to get the vlookup property of the worksheet function class

VBAX Regular
    Run Time err 1004: Unable to get the vlookup property of the worksheet function class

Hello,

I am trying to do a vlookup on current worksheet compared to a range in another file.

I get a "Run Time Error 1004: Unable to get the vlookup property of the worksheet function class".

After some investigation, I found out that if there are some values that dont match up this could be a problem. In my case I will run into that situiation. But for testing purposes, I tried manipulating the data so that this doesnt happen. With no luck.

Here is my code:

Dim lastrow as Long

lastrow = Sheets("Master List").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

For i = 2 To lastrow
    Sheets("Master List").Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Sheets("Master List").Cells(i, "A"), "'T:\Operations+Technology\NOC\Abuse Emails\[Customer Data for Abuse Emails.xls]Report'!$E$4:$G$60000", 2, False)
    Next i
    Thanks in Advance

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

[vba]

Const LOOKUP_TABLE AS string = _
    "'T:\Operations+Technology\NOC\Abuse Emails\[Customer Data for Abuse Emails.xls]Report'!$E$4:$G$60000"
    Dim lastrow as Long

With Sheets("Master List")

lastrow = .Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

For i = 2 To lastrow

If Not IsError(Application.VLookup(.Cells(i, "B").Value, , LOOKUP_TABLE, 2, False)) Then

.Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.VLookup(.Cells(i, "A"), LOOKUP_TABLE, 2, False)
    Else

.Cells(i, "B").Value = ""
    End If
    Next i
    End With
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    That isn't going to work, you would need to evaluate the formula, and that always errors in my tests.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber