Consulting

Thread: Parameters

Red face Parameters

Hey everyone! What I'm trying to figure out here is how would I pass one variable from a form to another form? I tried to find it in a search but, well obviously, I did not find how to do it. I probably just didn't type in the correct words or something.

I do need to add that I am a "NOOB", when it comes to this, lol.
    B/c if is too much of a hassle, I will just copy the values to the spreadsheet & then just pull them off of there to the other form. But, I hope that it isn't too much of a hassle.

Thanks Everyone,
    Daxton

Knowledge Base Approver
    The King of Overkill!
    VBAX Master

What you're thinking can be done without having to put the value onto a spreadsheet, but without more information of what you're trying to do it would just be a guessing game for us.

Does one form have a textbox on it for input, and you want to refer to that in the other form? If so, you could do something like:

x = UserForm1.TextBox1.Value
    If not, can you explain a little more?
    Matt

VBAX Tutor
    The easiest way is to declare the variable as public in your calling module.

I've also written a KB article that achieves something very similar and could probably be easily adapted for your purpose. http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=470

In your case you'll just need to put the calling code inside the first userform, instead of the calling (non-form) module.

Have fun!

I'm sorry that I provided such a little bit of information. What I need this for is I have the spreadsheet called "Daily Shipping Log" & I'm in the process of creating 2 forms, a Customer Form and a Part Form. Part form is a "child" form, I can call it that for what I need it. I know that it's not possibly a child form, I just know the basic definition. But what these forms are for is I have a list of each in hidden cells so I don't loose the data. But what it does is have a customer combo box showing all the customer's names. Per each customer, they have certain parts. Now I want to be able to do is to tell which customer is selected before I pull up the parts form. To do this, like I know how lol, is by passing parameters.

Thanks again,
    Daxton

Knowledge Base Approver
    The King of Overkill! VBAX Master
    You should still be able to use something like

Dim CustName As String
    CustName = CustomerForm.CustomerNameComboBox.Value
    to get this done, as the customer form should retain it's values, unless you Unload it each time you call the Part form (which I doubt you would)
    Matt

Thanks ahead of time everyone, I probably won't respond for another day is why I'm going ahead and thanking you because I am about to leave work.

Daxton