Consulting

Thread: move data from form to subform

VBAX Regular
    move data from form to subform

I have a form set up with current customer certification on it. The customers take tests and test into different certifications. I need to be able to have the current certification for the customer on the main form, but when a customer tests into a different certification, I need to be able to move some of the old certification data to a history subform and add the new certification data. I have attached an example of what I am needing to do.

VBAX Guru
    emk, you can take the old data and put it directly in the History Table without the use of the Subform if you want.

VBAX Regular
    The user wants to be able to see the history of the interpreter within the form. Is there another way that this could be done?

VBAX Guru
    Once the data is trnasferred to the table that supplies the Subform you only have to requery the subform to update it with the information.

VBAX Regular
    I made an append query that would append the data from the table that feeds the main form (InterpretersTest) to the subform table (PreviousCertification). I wasn't sure how to run it to where it wouldn't pull all the records from InterepretersTest, but only those with the ID that I was currently at, so I just put a parameter in for the user to enter the ID number to append to. I know there has to be an easier way to just append the data for that ID without the parameter, but I can't figure it out. I added a button that would run the append query. I also need to figure out how to delete the values in the fields that are being moved from the InterpretersTest table to the PreviousCertification table so the new certification values can be added. Does this make sense?

VBAX Guru
    emk, you can use the ID number of the current record in the Form as the Parameter without the user having to enter it by putting this in place of the Parameter.
    Forms![InterpretersTest]![ID]
    where ID is the actual name of your ID field.
    Which form are the values that you want to delete in, the mainform or subform?

VBAX Regular
    I want to delete three field values from the main form and leave the rest.