Consulting

Thread: filesystemobject

VBAX Tutor
    filesystemobject

Hello

Every time i use the copyfolder method as :

Set MyFolder = fso.CreateFolder("C:\MyDocs\ReportingDatabase" & "\" & SaveDate)

Ms fso.CopyFolder "C:\MyDocs\Reporting Database\Reports","C:\MyDocs\Reporting Database" & "\" & SaveDate

It copies the contents of the folder rather than the folder itself. The file structure within Reporting Database is that there a subfolder called Reports. I create a new subfolder under Reporting Database and give it the name of the reporting date which i have saved to a variable SaveDate. I want to copy the folder Reports (which has a load of spreadsheets in it) and put it in the new dated subfolder for a new set of reports to be generated. This process will be repeated each month with a new subfolder for a new date.

Any ideas???

Thanks

phil

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru GTO's Avatar
    Ms fso.CopyFolder "C:\MyDocs\Reporting Database\Reports","C:\MyDocs\Reporting Database" & "\" & SaveDate
    I am presuming the 'Ms' is a typo?

I believe you need the trailing seperator in the destination directory.
    Sub exa()
    Dim FSO As FileSystemObject
    Dim fsoFolder As Folder

Set FSO = New FileSystemObject
        Set fsoFolder = FSO.CreateFolder("D:\2010\2010-05-16\CreatedFolder")
                                                            'Needs trailing seperator
        FSO.CopyFolder "D:\2010\2010-05-16\ReWrite_DistributedCode", fsoFolder.Path & "\"
    End Sub
    Hope that helps,

Mark