Consulting

Thread: Solved: Count include 0?

Solved: Count include 0?

how can i include 0 when i do count?

Can you please elaborate what is your requirement.

Do you mean running a loop with count as 0?

Quote Originally Posted by avtarxing
    Can you please elaborate what is your requirement.

Do you mean running a loop with count as 0?
    I have 4 tables:
    subject domain
    subject area
    conceptual entity
    and data model.

im counting the number of data models "where subject area = "EADM_UA"
    and its grouped by subject area and subject domain. however some subject area and some subject domain do not have any EADM_UA.

i would like it to output the subject area and subject domain even if it doesnt hv any EADM_UA

VBAX Regular
    Not clearly understand what you are trying to do. If you want to count everything, you don't have to use a where. If you want to includ the empty fields, use is null.

"where subject area = "EADM_UA or subject area is null"

here is my sql

[VBA]SELECT Subject_Domain.Subject_Domain_Name, Subject_Area.Subject_Area_Name, Count(Subject_Area.Subject_Area_ID) AS CountOfSubject_Area_Name
    FROM Data_Model, Subject_Domain INNER JOIN (Subject_Area INNER JOIN Conceptual_Entity ON Subject_Area.Subject_Area_ID=Conceptual_Entity.Subject_Area_ID) ON Subject_Domain.Subject_Domain_ID=Subject_Area.Subject_Domain_ID
    WHERE (((Data_Model.Data_Model_Name)='EADM10_UA') And ((Subject_Domain.Subject_Domain_Name) In ('Financial','Enterprise Capital','Human Resources')))
    GROUP BY Subject_Domain.Subject_Domain_Name, Subject_Area.Subject_Area_Name;[/VBA]

Some Subject_Domain.Subject_Domain_Name does not have a Subject_Area.Subject_Area_Name where its EADM10_UA. when i do a count

it does not list the Subject_Area.Subject_Area_Name even though there is nothing there. however, i want it to print out the Subject_Area.Subject_Area_Name

Thanks.